Bringing a Global Leader in Medical Shared Services to the Philippines
Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Waltham, Massachussetts, Alere Inc. is a global leader in rapid, point-of-care diagnostics. The company delivers its concept of connected care which is a networked provision of health-related IT solutions easily customized to suit the needs of healthcare providers.
Alere’s products and services are specifically designed to provide immediate and accurate diagnostic results to empower rapid treatment decisions on the part of its clients.
Alere Philippines and Arriva Medical Philippines Inc., service over 800,000 clients in the United States and are expected to reach over two million clients within the next few years.
- To construct, develop, and manage Alere’s first healthcare process management facility in the Philippines which will offer healthcare logistics and complex voice services;
- To ensure that both Alere’s BPO and contact center facilities are fully operational by the first quarter of 2014 to provide customer support for their internal clients;
- To ensure that the completed facilities are compliant with the functional and aesthetic standards set by the client.
- We needed to comply with Alere’s target opening date in less than 60 days from the date of engagement, a period spanning from October 1 to November 30, 2013.
- Ongoing construction and operations at the W Building at the Bonifacio Global City in Taguig where the facilities were located were in full swing, running parallel to our project team’s construction. Likewise, the processing of PEZA documents was also ongoing when the project commenced.
- Working coordination was very challenging as both of Alere’s project managers for facility and IT project management were based in the United States and our project management team had to hurdle the difference in time zones.
- An issue involving the tracking system at the Bureau of Customs (BOC) made it difficult to track the systems hardware ordered in from DELL in Malaysia causing a delay in the technical set-up for Alere.
The DTSI Group Project Management team adjusted to the time zone difference with our personnel working 24/7 shifts in order to meet our client’s daily requirements.
The team endeavored to plan, design, construct and implement their facility and communication requirements down to the very last detail taking into consideration minor design iterations and utility installations. In doing so, aesthetic and functional elements requested by Alere were fully and properly integrated into the master design. This ensured that the working areas were suitably functional and conducive to workplace effectiveness and efficiency.
Likewise, despite the delays encountered at the BOC, the necessary hardware was delivered, tested, and properly installed prior to Alere’s start-up operations.
DTSI officially handed over the facility to Alere in November 2013 and was then formally inaugurated in February 2014.
Alere Philippines presently occupies the 11th floor of the W Building in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig with a current operational capacity of 200 seats. It now handles back-end operations, processing the ordering of diagnostic supplies by its clients in the United States.
GET IN TOUCH
12F Zuellig Building Paseo de Roxas cor. Makati Avenue, Makati City 1225 Philippines
24/7 Customer Service / Service Desk
(+632) 7976 -0800 (Technology concerns)
(+632) 7976 -0811 (Facility concerns)
Tel: (+632) 8856 88 88
Fax: (+632) 8856 88 99
G/F eBloc 1, Asiatown IT Park Lahug, Cebu City, Philippines
Tel: +63 32 318 0030
Fax: +632-856 88 99
The Esplanade 2415 East Camelback Suite #700, Phoenix, AZ 85016
Tel: +1 602. 508.6128
Fax: +1 602. 508.6099